Friday, April 03, 2009

Spreading their wings

As I walked past the kitchen picture window this afternoon, I caught sight of a hummingbird looking in at me, the season's first.

Hummingbird at the Feeder · TheDailyGreen.com

I'd already prepared for her arrival last month by filling the feeder and hanging it on the back porch, same spot as last year. Several minutes later, I was relieved to see that she'd discovered it in spite of its sun-faded salmon color.

And within the hour I heard the familiar buzz of the summer's first housefly.

Photo: The Daily Green

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:16 AM

    I saw my first humming bird of the season yesterday. It was checking out our flowers out front. It didn't stay long at all. It was so tiny that at first I did not know what it was. My only impression was GREEN. I could not begin to tell you what variety of humming bird it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had any flies in the house yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:44 PM

    No flies in the house yet, but I swatted one dead on the screened porch probably over a week ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting my blog!