Friday, April 03, 2009

Spreading their wings

As I walked past the kitchen picture window this afternoon, I caught sight of a hummingbird looking in at me, the season's first.

Hummingbird at the Feeder · TheDailyGreen.com

I'd already prepared for her arrival last month by filling the feeder and hanging it on the back porch, same spot as last year. Several minutes later, I was relieved to see that she'd discovered it in spite of its sun-faded salmon color.

And within the hour I heard the familiar buzz of the summer's first housefly.

Photo: The Daily Green

3 comments:

  1. I saw my first humming bird of the season yesterday. It was checking out our flowers out front. It didn't stay long at all. It was so tiny that at first I did not know what it was. My only impression was GREEN. I could not begin to tell you what variety of humming bird it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had any flies in the house yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No flies in the house yet, but I swatted one dead on the screened porch probably over a week ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting my blog!