Monday, April 20, 2009

Small successes

I don't blame you if you find it foolish of me to brag about this, but this morning marks the first day my bed has been made since breaking my hand three weeks ago. (And yes, of course the linens have been washed, it just hasn't been made up.) Like opening the Sprite bottle, changing my granddaughter's diaper, and carefully shifting gears with my right hand, it's another reminder that I'm gaining mobility and that things will eventually return to normal.

All made up

Realizing that this injury is simple compared to so many others that my orthopedic surgeon treats, I've repeated this phrase a gazillion times since breaking my hand:

I complained because I had no shoes,
until I met a man who had no feet.

Those covers didn't stay perfectly in place for long. As soon as Maggie and I were able to get Lori to go run errands, she and I played on the neatly made bed til it was all messed up again.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Playing on Gramma T's bedThe cutest thing you ever sawSlobbering on Gramma T's bed
See the 15-second video on YouTube

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Glad to one of us their bed this morning. I thought of you as I dashed out the door this morning with mine unmade. Luckily it's the only day this week I've done that.
    I'm glad you're able to do more each day. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting my blog!