Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dude ... this is outtasight

After arriving in Durham for the evening's American Dance Festival performance, Aunt Patsy treated my sister and I to a mini-tour of the area before dinner. Take a ride with us under Graffiti Bridge, which connects Duke University's West and East campuses. Built in the 19th century, this bridge is a piece of Durham history as well as urban art.


Although I assumed the entry was marked with an Internet acronym, Ell-Oh-Ell-age — Angie can be heard suggesting that it can also be read as simply Lollege.

As we emerged from the other side, we encountered an unusual school bus – also covered with graffiti. In my excitement to include it with the bridge video, I ended up cutting the video off (easy mistake, it's a new camera!). Upon uploading my video to YouTube, though, I discovered that we had seen one of two ADF buses that dance students ride to and from their classes and performances. What a treat to see this, and then to come home and learn this bit of ADF trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting my blog!