Friday, February 13, 2009

Will this be on the final exam?

Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.

Henry L. Doherty · 1870-1939

Our years as a homeschooling family taught me that the opportunity to learn isn't confined to traditional school hours or a classroom full of peers. And with that said, here's your chance to expand your vocabulary.

Happy Friday the 13th

paraskevidekatriaphobia

A morbid, irrational fear
of Friday the 13th

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:22 PM

    I have never taken superstitions seriously and just poo-poo all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:35 AM

    I have begun to apply Henry L. Doherty's quote in my life again. I recommend it highly. For instance, we watched a show on the history channel last night about Andrew Jackson. It was hard to believe how little I knew about the man's life. There was good and bad, but the good probably outweighed the bad. Native Americans probably don't see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see it that way either. Andrew Jackson was the Hitler of the United States. It's a real shame that his likeness is brandished on the $20 bill, which gives the mistaken impression he was a really swell guy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting my blog!