Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lessons learned

Crisis du Jour:

Poorly-stored Christmas treasures at the hands of an unwelcome guest in my attic

This ornamental elfin caricature of my daddy, complete with cute schnoz and name emblazoned on his pure heart*, has been the perfect touch to my parents' household each Christmas. I recently had to break the sad news that a hungry critter's ate it half up:

Someone thought this dough ornament was tasty
*Old family joke

In the hopes that others will learn from this mistake ...

My lesson:
Rubbermaid storage containers are worth the small investment.

My parents' lesson:
Anything put away for temporary safekeeping ... shouldn't be left at Carla's!

1 comment:

  1. It's kinda nice the varmints took care of some of the Christmas ornaments that we have such a hard time disposing of.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting my blog!