Miss Hoyte Bounds
This adorable baby girl eventually became my grandmother — and lots more.
- The school librarian who handed down the district's unwanted Dick-and-Janes from which I learned to read
- The farmer's wife who could out-shuck, out-can, out-freeze and out-cook any other
- A green thumb extraordinaire who lovingly created and tended Tippah County's most glorious daylily garden
- An outstanding seamstress that kept my kids' closets packed with everything from heirloom garments to playclothes
- The dedicated quilter who lovingly handstitched dozens of patchwork quilts for her family, along with countless gifts for St. Jude patients with fellow members of her local quilting guild
My daddy even published his mother's Cornbread Dressing recipe in his first cookbook, Wendell's Favorites. Takes several days to fix properly, and every bite's worth all the work! Click on the image below to discover its location on the World Wide Web: